Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth and aligns bite patterns. It can correct most of the same orthodontic issues that braces can, but through a different method. Invisalign consists of clear plastic aligners that fit over the teeth and gradually shift them into alignment. The aligners are virtually invisible, allowing you to straighten your teeth discreetly.
If you’re considering Invisalign treatment, you most likely have some questions, such as the cost of the treatment in your area. How much does Invisalign cost in Germantown, Maryland? Here’s what you can expect.
How Does Invisalign Work?
You can better understand the cost of Invisalign if you understand how the treatment works. When you begin treatment, images are taken of your teeth that are used to design your treatment plan. The images are entered into computer software that creates an individualized treatment plan to shift your teeth into the proper position.
A set of aligners is created that will help you gradually achieve your results. You will be instructed to wear each aligner for about two weeks, then switch to the next aligner in order. Once you have worn your complete set of aligners, your teeth should be in the desired position.
Average Cost of Invisalign Treatment
The cost of Invisalign ranges anywhere from $3,000-$8,000. While it used to be more expensive, in most cases the cost of Invisalign is now comparable to traditional metal braces. Why is there such a wide price range for Invisalign treatment? Because there are a variety of factors that contribute to the cost.
What Factors Into the Cost?
There are a number of factors that affect the cost of Invisalign for each individual:
- Extent of corrections needed. Some patients may only need minor orthodontic corrections, while others need significant corrections. The more complex your case, the more treatment will cost.
- Number of aligners needed. The complexity of your case translates to the number of aligners you will need. The more aligners you need, the higher the cost of your treatment.
- Length of treatment. The number of aligners you need to achieve the desired results, the longer your treatment will take. This will include more monitoring appointments along the way, which increases the overall cost of your treatment.
- Insurance coverage. If you have dental insurance that includes orthodontic coverage, Invisalign will most likely qualify. Insurance will help reduce the cost of your treatment.
- Geographic location of the practice. The population and cost of living in the area where your dental practice is located will have an effect on the cost of dental services as well, which means Invisalign may cost more in the city than in a small town.
- Your dentist’s level of experience. The more successful Invisalign cases your dentist completes, the higher their classification, which can mean they may charge more for the treatment. But the higher their Invisalign classification, the more experience they have with the treatment and the greater the chances of success for you.
How Can I Afford Invisalign?
If the cost of Invisalign is a concern for you, there are ways to make it more affordable. Ask your dentist about payment plans to spread the cost out over multiple months or years. Financing is also available that allows you to pay gradually. There is always a way to get the dental care you need for a healthier smile.
How Do I Get Started With Invisalign?
If you’re interested in Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth and improve your smile, Total Dental Care is a certified Invisalign provider. We can start with an evaluation to determine whether or not you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign. If so, we proceed with the planning and implementation of your treatment. When it is complete you’ll have a healthier, better looking smile you can feel confident about.